Live Updates: NCAA Championships Se. 5
NCAA Championships Se. 5
Saturday morning’s Session V of the NCAA Wrestling Championships will only feature three Penn State athletes competing, but it could have a big say on the overall team race.
Saturday morning’s Session V of the NCAA Wrestling Championships will only feature three Penn State athletes competing, but it could have a big say on the overall team race. The Nittany Lions currently lead Ohio State 120.5-109.5 as the two Big Ten powers have separated themselves from the pack. Iowa is third with 86.5, Michigan is fourth with 73.5 and N.C. State rounds out the top five with 69.5.
- Penn State will have two wrestlers in seventh-place bouts in the session, which begins at 11 a.m., and one that could finish as high as third. After his first-round loss via pin, 141-pound freshman Nick Lee could come all the way back in the consolation bracket.
- Ohio State has six wrestlers in the consolation finals this morning and two finalists this evening. Penn State has five finalists this evening.
The session begins at 11 a.m. and will air live on ESPNU. The tournament can be found on the ESPN family of networks all weekend long. You can follow along with our wrestling community with live updates on the Lions’ Pride message board and our On the Mats wrestling forum.
Here’s a look at the Nittany Lions’ matchups on Saturday morning at Quicken Loans Arena.
- 141 – No. 8 Nick Lee vs. No. 2 Jaydin Eierman (Mizzou) (Winner advances to third-place match)
- 197 – No. 5 Shakur Rasheed vs. No. 6 Willie Miklus (for seventh-place)
- 285 – No. 3 Nick Nevills vs. No. 12 Youssif Hemida (Maryland) (for seventh place)
Live Updates – NCAA Wrestling Session
The official NCAA bracket can be found here
This article was originally posted on Lions24/7 with Fight on State
To read more about our blog, go to the top menu > media > blog
or simply click here > McBryde Mats
Posted in Blog, Fitness, news, News & Announcements, Wrestling, youth wrestling